Decorating your home for the holidays is part of the fun. However, you can make it even more exciting when you use paper crafts to make your own decorations. If your kids love to color, draw, paint and make designs, they’ll love decorating the home with the items they make.
Here are five ideas for fun holiday paper crafts for kids to help get you started:
- Make glitter pictures. Cut holiday pictures out of a coloring book. Instead of coloring them, use glue and glitter to create beautiful, sparkling pictures.
- Create miniature Christmas trees. Cut Christmas tree shapes out of green construction paper and decorate with crayons or markers.
- Make beautiful Christmas cards. What better way to wish family and friends a merry Christmas than with a special card made from the heart?
- Decorate with paper ornaments. You can make Christmas stars, snowmen, snowflakes and so much more. Use your imagination and see what type of ornaments you can come up with.
- Create a countdown to Christmas or New Year’s calendar. Write down a short inspirational quote for each day of the countdown and cover them individually. Every day, remove the cover to reveal the quote of the day.
The one thing kid’s love more than making paper crafts, is displaying them around the home for all to see. It’s a great way to decorate for the holidays and something your kids will always remember.