Have you ever wanted to make your very own sugar scrub? I see these recipes online more than just about any other DIY beauty product and I’ve been dying to try one for myself. I have used body scrubs before. I even have one from salt from the Dead Sea. I like it but I also like the idea of creating my own so that I know exactly what goes into it. So here’s a great recipe for a coconut brown sugar scrub if you want to give it a try for yourself.
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon coconut extract
Optional- 2 drops Vitamin E oil
The ingredients are pretty simple which is one thing I like about this one. I don’t have to feel like I am shopping for exotic ingredients. These are actually things I already had at home! Even if you do need to pick them up from the store, they are simple and usually easy to find.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
2. Transfer to an airtight container and store for up to 6 months.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to make at all! Just mix it up, put it in an airtight container and wait. So there will be some planning ahead since you can’t use this for a number of months but when it’s ready, it will be worth the wait.
HOW TO USE
1. Wet skin in the shower and generously apply the coconut brown sugar.
2. Gently massage in a circular motion to allow the brown sugar granules to exfoliate any dry or dead skin and the coconut oil to moisturize.
3. Rinse skin with warm water.
4. Pat dry with towel.
5. Apply your favorite skin moisturizer.
Do you have a favorite DIY body scrub that you want to share with us? What’s your favorite way to use a body scrub?