Sometimes, the best craft projects are the ones you do with the kids. This is when they can really get creative because you have access to all the good tools they’re not allowed to use. You can cut, saw, nail or glue whatever is needed to create something amazing. Consider your child’s age and personality when choosing a craft project to do together. This will help you find something you both can enjoy working on.
Here are five fun crafts to do with your kids:
- Build a birdhouse. Look online for information on how to make all types of birdhouse. You can find simple ones made from two liter plastic bottles to elaborate ones that take weeks to complete.
- Make a miniature flower garden. Paint pictures and designs on several small flower pots and grow your own flowers or put in some artificial ones just for decoration. Arrange the pots together to create a beautiful miniature flower garden for your mantel or windowsill.
- Make some jewelry. Create earrings, necklaces and bracelets to wear or to give as gifts for loved ones.
- Learn to crochet or embroidery. Crocheting and embroidering is a bit challenging but it’s something you can learn to do together and you can make a lot of cool things.
- Make wood carvings. If you have the skills and the tools you can make cravings from scratch. If not, you can buy a beginner’s woodcarving kit to help you get started.
Doing crafts with your kids can help bring you closer together and it’s so much fun. You’re working as a team to accomplish a common goal that you can be proud of but more importantly, you’re creating memories that will last a lifetime. When choosing a craft project to do with the kids, look for something age appropriate. Even though you’ll be helping, they still need to contribute to the project for it to be fun.